12/30/2014

New Year Resolutions?

In the spirit of the dawn of a new year, I find myself reflecting on the last year and bracing myself for the upcoming year. I'd like to think that I've grown quite a bit over the last year but 2014 has only showed me that I have a long way to go.


Here is a non-exhaustive list of things I have learned from the past year and hope to reflect on for the future:

1. Rekindle the passion for my career.
I have been incredibly fortunate to be able to walk down a path I can be proud of, but under the pressure of this new undertaking, I've felt incredibly burnt out. Too often I let a lot of unnecessary things get in the way of school and I really don't want my passing emotions to dictate my future. I don't want to look at myself as a failure any longer. A huge reason why I decided to start this blog was because of my passion for law. This calls for more law-related posts in the future and a stronger focus on my studies.

2. Look to the things I already have.
This "resolution" and the one before it are underlying reasons I have terrible spending habits. I am blessed to have all the things that I do, but my actions rarely reflect that. I need to take time to rearrange and declutter my room so that I am able to appreciate the things that I already own. I need to remember that the best things earned in life are not bought with money but bought with time. Although I have some hefty things I want to save for, the goal isn't necessarily to obtain a material item, but to prove to myself that I can be financially smart.

3. Appreciate those in my life, stop wasting time on those who aren't.
This year I have been able to meet and rekindle friendships with so many awesome people. I really want each and everyone to know how special they are to me. As we grow older, it becomes so difficult to make lasting meaningful relationships. I cherish the friendships that not only make time spent super fun, but help me grow as a person. Having grown up with a bunch of guys most of my life, it's an amazing change to be able to create connections with some girls. At the same time, I feel I ask a little too much from my friends at times and need to learn to be less selfish. After all, no relationship should be built on burden. It just isn't fair to them or myself.

4. Take care of myself.
My body is my temple, the only one body I will ever have. I am incredibly prone to headaches and stomach problems so I need to have a regular eating and sleeping schedule. I also need to lay off an excess of junk food. I definitely find I gain weight when I consume too much pop/soda. I also want to take care of my appearance, both in maintaining myself and as a respect for other people's eyes. There is nothing sexier than a woman who knows how to take care of herself.

5. Do more for the blog.
I want to be able to add my own pictures and photographs to my blog, mostly for copyright reasons. My readership decreases when I decide to leave my blog not updated. I need to get into the habit of scheduling posts in order to prepare for when I am busy with life. I also want to stretch my creative wings with art. I used to make pixel-art when those were a big thing, so I want to somehow incorporate that here. Please look out for future updates!


Have you all been reflecting as 2014 comes to an end? What are your wishes/resolutions for the future? Let me know in the comments box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment