2/13/2015

[FF] My Favourite Minimalist YouTubers

On my post yesterday, I shared with you the beginning of my journey to become a Minimalist. Today, I will share YouTubers who have helped influence and inspire me.

Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus (The Minimalists)
Photo from TheMinimalists.com

These guys are the pioneers of the Minimalist lifestyle. There is no mentioning of Minimalism without talking about these two fine gentlemen.

Millburn and Nicodemus understand that Minimalism is a hard concept to put into action and may not be embraced by some. They found that after achieving the things their younger selves aimed to achieve, like having a high paying job, buying that dream car, buying that dream house, there was a void that could not be filled with simply accumulating more things. They realized life was more than just owning and left their corporate careers to chase their dreams of becoming authors and motivational speakers.

In addition to giving interviews and talks on Minimalism around the world, they have written multiple books on the subject.


Coco (LightbyCoco)

Photo from LightbyCoco's Twitter page
This girl puts the minimal in Minimalism.

I'll admit the first time I watched through all her videos (yes, all), my jaw (and so did my boyfriend's jaw) dropped to the floor at how little she owned. I will never de-clutter and purge to the extent that this woman has, but her lifestyle is incredibly inspirational.

Her YouTube channel and blog provides tips and advice for anyone planning to pursue Minimalism. She has replaced clutter and excess with a strong focus on her dream career, travelling, and building relationships with the people around her.

One of the most inspirational things about Coco is that her and her husband both adopted the Minimalist way. They taught me (indirectly) tips on how I should approach my relationship with my significant other and this idea of Minimalism has brought many a good discussion points between the two of us.


Cynthia (Inspiroue)
Photo from Inspiroue's Google+

Relatively new to the Minimalist game, Cynthia is how I wish I was as a young student. I am still a student now, but I wish Cynthia was around for me when I was younger.

Cynthia's channel focuses mainly on fashion and the concept of Capsule Wardrobes. She inspires me to focus on pieces of clothing that last and to walk away from clothing that may be fashionable at the time but may not translate (or last) years down the road. Quality is always better than quantity.


Aileen Xu (Lavendaire)

Photo from Lavendaire's blog
This girl is just a big ray of sunshine whenever a new video appears on my YouTube feed.

Aileen lives a Minimalist lifestyle and motivates me to save my money to travel and explore the world. In her daily life, she aims not to compromise fun in light of spending less.

She posts videos that not only inspire others to be a Minimalist, but she teaches us that the best way to achieve happiness is to start with oneself. Loving yourself and honing your creativity are just some of the ways Aileen teaches us to improve our lives. Truly inspirational!


I hope you like my shares for this week and that you check out these YouTubers' channels! Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment