12/31/2017

New Years Resolutions for 2018

Every dawn of the new year it is a little bittersweet to see how quickly time passes and I am reminded to be grateful and cherish the life that I have.

For 2018, like most of us, I sat down to reflect on the person I wanted to become in the new year. I decided on a few resolutions that I wanted to stick to for the upcoming year:

BEAUTY

1) Use my Clarisonic Smart Profile system at least 2x/week.
- I invested in a rather expensive gadget to maintain healthy and youthful skin and this upcoming year I would like to make it a habit to use this as part of my regular beauty routine. This is also a fabulous tool to use when you have eyelash extensions!

2) Use all my skincare products before buying more.

HABITS

3) Read more books.
- My best friend bought me a Kindle this year for Christmas and I am ecstatic to get back into reading. One of the lame excuses I gave myself for not reading was the pain of having to lug around a book and fearing that throwing them in my bag would wreck the pages. No more excuses! Here's to expanding my mind!

4) Better manage my time / Get ready the night before.
- I am a chronic tidsoptimist; often late and causing rifts in my relationships with my "optimism of time". This needs to stop. This just needs to stop.

HEALTH

5) Make a list of foods that cause discomfort.
- This year, I grazed the surface of the list of foods that I realized did not agree with me, but this upcoming year, I want to know why. I also want to know how to combat this, thus my next resolution that is...

6) Seek natural remedies for body ailments.
- Anyone that knows me knows I reach for the Advil more times than I should. Just before the end of the year, I wandered into a Saje store and realized that there were natural remedies that I wanted to try in order to remedy the wacky things my body went through quite often. Fingers crossed 2018 is the year I can find some tried and true relief methods!

7) Move more.
- Instead of telling myself "I need to hit the gym every day!!!" I have decided to take the pressure off and merely promise myself to be active and to move more. I also want to learn how to do stretches that will better my body, maybe even start doing some yoga at home.

FINANCES

8) Be smarter with my spending.
- Quality over quantity.

9) Go the next level with my savings.
- In other words, invest InVeSt INVEST!!!

GOALS

10) Learn Calligraphy.

11) Take inventory of my closet with the Pureple app.
- I have already started this, but the way I was going about it was setting off my perfectionism ticks. Being able to take an honest inventory of the items that I have will better help me declutter as well as ground myself in terms of what I need and what I only want.

12) Make cards for special occasions.
- Ties in with #10 in which I want to inject more heart into my cards this year by making my own. This resolution came to me after I absentmindedly dropped $10 on a card and realized that it didn't completely embody the message I wanted to convey. Damn those one-size-fits-all Hallmark cards!


Thank you for taking time to read the resolutions I have set for myself for the upcoming year. I hope this also inspires some of you to reflect and set some concrete resolutions for yourself.

Goodbye 2017! Wishing everybody a healthy and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment